2011: What a great year!!
A special thanks to all
2011 Supporters of Journeys of Solutions’
Child Sponsorship Program!
Through your partnership and generosity, we had a FANTASTIC year!
- ONE JOS board member visited Tumaini and Shalom in February. Small gifts were presented to our sponsored children and food was purchased for Shalom;
- On TWO separate occasions, a generous JOS donor visited Tumaini—donated jerseys from two Australian soccer clubs were presented to the Tumaini boys’ soccer team and our sixteen children were treated to a safari adventure;
- Tumaini celebrated its first STANDARD SEVEN class graduation in September. Also, the top 5 highest scorers in the Karatu District for the National Standard VII Exam came from Tumaini;
- Our TWO STANDARD IV STUDENTS, Rose and Charles, sat for the National Standard IV Exam;
- THREE YEARS IN A ROW, the children have enjoyed a visit from JOS volunteer, Barbara. During Barbara’s October 2011 visit, our sixteen children received donated school supplies from NY and worked on letter-writing;
- LIVONIA, NY MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS created educational posters for Tumaini classrooms;
- Over EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS was raised at our Photographic Celebration event in November. The monies will go towards various JOS-sponsored projects. For more information, or to purchase a photo book, please visit our website;
- In light of the East Africa drought, its worst in nearly 60 years, JOS committed to helping Tumaini build a water well. This project will help to ensure that the 10,000L water/day needed to serve the 500+ students will be a available! Stay tuned for more news in 2012 as we continue working to complete this project;
- NINE of our students completed their first year at Tumaini and have all shown remarkable progress;
- Tumaini Junior School has been ranked No.1 out of 90 schools in the Karatu District, No.13 out of 528 schools in the seven districts of Arusha region, & No.69 out of 15,051 schools in the entire nation!
Teacher Dismas, our sixteen sponsored children, and my delicate self.
An Additional and Equally Fabulous Announcement:
Journeys of Solutions now offers donor subscriptions so you can donate monthly! Of course, we also accept biweekly, weekly, daily donations…hey, a girl can dream!
ALSO! Hurry and donate before Dec. 31 so that your contribution can be credited to the 2011 year!!